Friday, February 24, 2012

Octopie Returns: From New York City.


Hello everyone! I'm happy to say that I am home from New York City unscathed! So sorry it's been so long since I've written anything on the blog. I've been working extra hard at the toy store since getting back. New York was everything I hoped it would be and more. Robert and I had so much fun walking all over the city, and eating so many different delicious vegan meals and treats. I loved the sense of magic I felt spending time there. It feels like anything could happen in New York. One of my favourite bits of magic were all of the fantastic musicians hiding in the subway stations and cars. They're all so talented and made our trip feel special.


The main reason for our trip was to attend the NY Toy Fair. Robert and I both work at a toy store, and this was the first time our bosses were able to take us to the fair. We got to meet hundreds of other people in the toy business and see what all of the new cool toys coming out will be. We had a blast playing with everything. I one day hope to own my own toy store, so this was a great experience for me!


One of my favourite moments of the trip was when we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It's so gorgeous! And it gives you the perfect view of the Manhattan skyline and Statue of Liberty. 


And one more treasure we discovered...a vegan doughnut shop called Dun-Well Doughnuts! This place is incredible. The owner was so kind to us and recommended other vegan eats and places we needed to check out. The entire shop is decorated in a very nice vintage theme, the doughnuts were incredible, and they played jazz the entire time. I hope I can revisit this place sometime soon in the future. 


Since coming back to Vancouver I've felt much more inspired at work and in life. One thing I did this week was go and see the new Studio Ghibli film called "The Secret World of Arrietty". I love everything Studio Ghibli has produced and this was no exception. Everything about it was beautiful and quirky. It was such a treat to watch. Today also happened to be a special day because it marks the first time I've ever gone to see a naturopath before. She's going to help my body get in tip-top shape and I can't wait to become the best vegan I can be.

Also, look forward to updates in Octopie! I just ordered nine new pairs of vintage earrings from Etsy and I can't wait to create new sweater clips for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment