Saturday, January 21, 2012

Creative Ways to Use Toys.

I was trying to find artists that use toys in their creations, so I could link to them on my toy store's Facebook page, and thought I would share them here too! I love artists that take ordinary objects and make something insane with them. Check these out!



"Using hundreds of brightly colored balloons that he twists together with fantastic mathematical symmetry to create surreal sculptures and strange creatures that look like something from out of a sci-fi movie, Jason Hackenwerth  was inspired by his mother who used to dress up as a clown and make balloon animals at a local train station."




"With more than 1.5 million colored LEGO bricks in his New York studio, Nathan Sawaya’s sculptures take many forms, from replicas of the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge to life-sized works of a tyrannosaurus rex skeleton."




"One day about four years ago out in the studio I was looking into my childrens box of outgrown / discarded toys which happened to be stored in the same building and responded to the random collection of colours shapes and forms they made. I figured that if I could find a way of putting them together to constitute a larger form they would have great potential as larger scale sculpture." Robert Bradford.


Hope you enjoyed their pieces as much as I did! Have a fun weekend!
Korrina

No comments:

Post a Comment