Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favorites.

My Little Pony Set by Vintagetoygal.
This week on my Friday Favorites I thought I would take a step back to the 1990's and share some of my favourite toys I played with as a child! Recently I've tried to begin collecting those types of toys again as an adult and I feel joy all over again. I adore the My Little Pony set above and hope to add it to my own pony collection!

1990 Super Nintendo Controller&Games by Irishgirl94


I remember the day my Mom, younger brother and I went to the store to buy our Dad his first Super Nintendo. Kris and I quickly took over the thing and played Super Mario World for hours on end. I still have the thing and play it a lot! My favorite games are Mortal Kombat and Donkey Kong Country.

Polly Pocket Heart-Shaped by ThePantages.


I had what seemed like hundreds of Polly Pocket homes and accessories that I absolutely adored. I'd get so lost in their little worlds. I'm so sad they don't make them like they used to. My Mother recently surprised me and mailed me a big bag full of them so I can relive my happy childhood days.

Purple Goosebumps Tote by Frankendollco.
Okay guys, I seriously want this rad Goosebumps bag. Back when Goosebumps were "in" I swear I'd read them all more than once. I can vividly remember certain stories that gave me the frights. Even as a kid I was really interested in horror and monsters, watching "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" on television, and secretly wishing I was part of the Midnight Society. 

Rock Em Sock Em Robots by LOUIEetMOI.
And last, but certainly not least, I thought I'd share a toy I also wished for but never ended up owning, Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots! Thankfully a friend of mine named Tianna has a wonderful vintage Etsy shop where I can purchase them! Be sure to check out her shop for fabulous finds!

Hope you enjoyed a blast through my past! Support Etsy businesses!
Korrina

No comments:

Post a Comment