Thursday, January 12, 2012

Welcome to Octopie Blog!

Hi! Welcome to my Octopie blog! My name is Korrina and I've created this blog so I can immerse myself more in the handmade community out there. In this blog you can look forward to reading about Etsy and my own little shops, analog photography, indie films, board games & toys, coffee & tea, veganism, travel, thrifting... amongst other things! All I want to come of writing these posts is to make some long-lasting friendships with other fun people. If you have an Etsy shop, please leave a comment below so I can check out your goods!

Some information about me!

Who the heck are you? I'm a twenty-three year old living in Vancouver, Canada for the past three years. I work at an independent toy store with dreams of one day opening up my own toy shop. I currently live with my boyfriend of two years, Robert. We like to go on a lot of adventures together and you may see him pop up on the blog every once in awhile.

You have an Etsy shop? You bet! Two, in fact! My first shop was Your Carnival. It is my treasure trove of vintage goodies. I started that one in July of 2010 and have absolutely loved the journey. It's been so much fun! My newest shop which is going to open at the end of January 2012 is Octopie. This is my baby and I'm so happy and proud to open it up. I grew up thinking I wasn't talented with making things with my own hands, but in the past few months or so I've really grown creatively. This shop will showcase handmade items made by me!

What does Octopie mean? I wanted to create a shop and blog that really meant something to me. Ever since I was a kid I've been obsessed with the ocean and its inhabitants, especially the Octopus. My boyfriend Robert often calls me "pie of infinite sweetness", and even more often calls me "pie" for short. And that's how the name was born!

Please don't be shy! Introduce yourself!
Korrina






No comments:

Post a Comment